View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 07:10 PM   #18
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579
Default Re: Bruce Davis DE. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
If they all made it, then we'd have a team that sucked every year... what with ALL the rookies displacing vets....

I don't know much about the guy. Remember, fun as this is, it's all speculation. There's no way of knowing if an undersized linebacker with a high-pitched motor is going to turn out to be Jack Lambert until they put on the pads. Some of the big name guys are going to be busts. Some of the UDFAs are going to be HOF. Will Davis turn out that way? My bet is, somewhere in the middle; a solid 5 year guy, is my guess.

But look how Harrison turned out. UDFA, 2 years on and off the practice squad, finally Pro Bowl, All Pro, and team MVP. These guys aren't frozen in stone on draft day, after all. They have some say in their own development.
It's not that the guy is a bad player, it's that some of wanted something different there. We've been told all off season by Tomlin that the lines need to get better and then on draft day we don't see anything in that same vein.

It's frustrating when you see a team put $100 million in to a franchise QB and then put a patchwork offensive line in front of him year after year.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote