BettisFan
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5206
Default Re: NBA Lottery Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
Some things I just dont understand...

SECAUCUS, NJ, May 20 Following are the results from the 2008 NBA Draft Lottery, which was conducted Tuesday at NBA TVs studio in Secaucus, New Jersey. The Chicago Bulls, who had a 1.7 percent chance of obtaining the first selection, will have the first overall pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, which will be held in New York City at The WaMu Theater at Madison Square Garden on Thursday, June 26, 2008.

1. Chicago
2. Miami
3. Minnesota
4. Seattle
5. Memphis
6. New York
7. LA Clippers
8. Milwaukee
9. Charlotte
10. New Jersey
11. Indiana
12. Sacramento
13. Portland
14. Golden State

How can Miami not have the number 1 pick in this draft? Whoever has the worst record should get that pick at number 1? Just makes no sense to me.
David Stern's reason (nba commisoner) was that teams may try to lose their games in the end so this system makes that not applicable. This is redicoulous sports athletes never want to lose its all in the game they want to win, its a pride thing. This system also is not fair as an example if they were to keep this system its not fair for a team to get a pick lower than the position they actually are like the Knicks who were 5th worst in the league got 6th pick! Thats just wrong.

Vist My blog at www.moesportsblog.com
BettisFan is offline   Reply With Quote