View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #27
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Awesome Early Season Matchup!!!!

The SEC talks a great game, and on paper, they look great. But each year there are really only 2 teams from SEC that are "great" the others are all average and would be average in any other conference.

Last year, look at LSU closely. (I'm neither a 10 or SEC fan) so I'm objective on the matter as far as I'm concerned.

At Miss State (A dog in the conference) The QB for Miss State had 7 ints before being pulled, tough game.

Home against Va Tech (Va Tech, the shooting sent that program into a black cloud that it took weeks to get out of, Football was the last thing on their minds. Plus it was at LSU not at Va Tech. USC at least had the guts to play at Va Tech in their Title Season)

Middle Tennessee (Yawn)

South Carolina (pretty ok team, in conference game)

at Tulane (34-9, yeah that was close competition)

Florida (Again, home game, barely won. Florida also wasn't as good as people though as Michigan proved in the bowl)

At Kentucky (yawn, Kentucky is good every 5 years or so, and they LOST to Kentucky)

Auburn, (gutsy call late in the game to throw a pass deep on 4th won this game for LSU)

at Bama (Bama is still 2 years away from being viable in the SEC, and the LSU Defense let Bama score 34 points.)

Lousiana Tech (yawn)

at Ole Miss (Another SEC bottom feeder, basically their Indiana)

Home against Arkansas (Lost at home, to a team that had no passing game, and just lined up and ran and ran and ran and ran all day on that Dorsey punk)

37 day lay off, they beat OSU by 12 points in their own back yard. Play that game in the snow in Ohio and then see what happens.

I'm not Impressed at all by LSU's "winning season" last season.