View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #9
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default Karl Malone delivers to a 13 year old?

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...d-karl-malone/

Offensive Tackle Demetrius Bell, Son of Deadbeat Dad Karl Malone, Drafted by Bills

Michael David SmithPosted Apr 28th 2008 8:09PM by Michael David Smith

The Buffalo Bills picked Northwestern State offensive tackle Demetrius Bell on Sunday in the seventh round of the NFL draft. Seventh-round offensive linemen rarely get any attention.

But Bell is getting a lot of attention today because of his famous father, NBA legend Karl Malone. And Bell says the genetics of a great athlete is all he ever got from that famous father.

When they met for the first time, Bell was 18, and Malone delivered a harsh message that, according to several reports, amounted to, "It's too late for me to be your father, and you'll earn your money on your own."

Charming. There is one nice piece of news in all this: Bell has become close to his half-sister Cheryl Ford, a WNBA player who is another one of Malone's children out of wedlock. Bell calls Ford the biggest influence on his football career.

from profootballtalk.com

"Bell gained a lot more attention than the typical seventh-rounder at this Aprilís draft because his father is basketball star Karl Malone. The Mailman was likely not happy about all the attention because it was followed quickly by the revelation that Bellís mother was just 13 when Malone, 20 at the time, impregnated her. "