View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 07:58 AM   #18
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: 2008 Steelers Training Camp Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianSteel View Post
Coming to PA for the weeknd with the wife and kids to do some shopping etc... and planning to sneak away to my first camp most likely on Sunday August 3rd.
Practice is afternoon at 2:50pm

Any advice, ie best time to get there ? What to look for & do ? Best vantage points ?
Will likely have my 4 year old son as well, would he enjoy the Steeler experience or too young ?

Thanks
Awesome that you and the family are coming in and that you'll be attending your very first TC!

When XT and I go, we try to get there at least an hour to an hour and a half before practice starts in order to get a good spot along the walkway where they walk from the building to the field. You can get great pics there and also high-fives from some of the players. Then - we usually find a spot up on the hill to the right of the walkway so that we can watch all of the units practice. You are permitted to bring in coolers with beverages and eats but no beer, alcohol, etc. Most definitely bring your 4 year old - there are tons of kids there (some even younger than 4) who proudly sport their Steelers gear and have a great time! About 1/2 hour before practice is over, we usually go back to the walkway and wedge our way in to find a good spot again so that we can get a couple of autographs as they are walking back up to the building. Most of the guys stop and sign but there are a few who don't as they are just too whooped from the intense practice.

Have a great time and be safe in your journey!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote