Thread: Fantasy Primer
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,288 Times in 3,522 Posts
Default Re: Fantasy Primer

nah, weve tossed around the idea for several years and its pretty much concensus we dont need to mess with it. we have a fairly conservative league, and rarely make any drastic changes, just minor tweaks. hell it took years to reward TE's half a point per reception just to increase their stock a bit and get rid of penalizing kickers 1,2,or 3 points for missed attempts.

what we dont want is a predictable draft, where any newb can just draft by the book and clean up. of course we still have the predictable run on running backs in the first round even though quarterbacks make up atleast 7 of the top 10 scorers at the end of the year. whats good is theres potential for a defense or wr to be up there too (along with the several elite backs).

while conservative, we are fairly liberal with the $1200 payout. just about everybody gets atleast a little return on their investment as we pay teams not only for end of regular season standings, but winning the super bowl as well . teams finishing 1-8 make the playoffs and the 4 remaining teams play in the "toilet bowl".

weve kicked around the idea of making it an all or nothing league, but we have a fun cohesive bunch with little turnover of ownership.

we added the "flex player" a few years back, which i feel hurt us a bit in the free agent market. we use those fees for the draft party, and the trophies. we got a pretty huge traveling sb trophy (kinda like the stanley cup). it currently resides in santa fe, as one of our owners moved there about 7 years ago, but he still makes the 4 hour trip down, every year for the draft.