Old 07-25-2008, 11:28 PM   #10
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550
Default Re: Nady and Marte Traded to the Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
I hate this trade today with the hope that I'll love it tomorrow.

You really don't know with baseball. The farm systems are so deep and reaching the actually Major League level is a process. This could be a steal in the other direction in four years. You just don't know.

Of course it looks bad on paper. You have two teams in different directions. One is trying to win its division.. one is.. erhm..rebuilding.

I love X, but he wasn't really the future... and to be honest this outfield has the potential to be DEEP. Bay, McLouth, Cutch, Doumit, Morgan, Tabata. You never know, there could be a winning combination in there in a few years.

What the Pirates DO need, they may also get as they trade one pitcher for three. This team isn't trying to win right now.. even if I want them to so, so badly.
I would feel better if the Pirates got something of value in return. But there is not one blue-chip prospect in that lot. Not one. You rebuild with young, solid, major league-caliber talent. You don't rebuild with other team's dregs, which is ALL this organization has done for the past 15 years. And on top of all of this, they are having trouble getting Alvarez signed. It's a freaking joke. I'm sick of all of the failed 4 year rebuilding plans, and I'm REALLY fed up with the Pirates being nothing more than a farm team for the Yankees and Red Sox. I want to see this team make some REAL progress toward building a winner, and so far, all I'm seeing is business as usual with Huntington, Coonelly and the rest of the "management" team.

I don't care how I sound. Fire them, and get someone with a damn brain in here.