View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: My family and cancer

Tom,

To begin, I wish your sister well in her surgery, her recovery and her fight against cancer. She, as well as your entire family, will be in my nightly prayers. Please give her s from your black 'n gold famly here at SF.

As you know, I am a two-time cancer survivor. My second cancer has been in remission for almost 7 years and believe me, I can say with certainty that I know the fear you and your siblings feel. Through no one's fault, you all were dealt a bad hand of cards, but you are in control of how they are played. I'm a 100% believer in maintaining a positive attitude and surrounding myself with people who "inject" me with positive energy - I have no tolerance for negativity with regard to my health. I believe that keeping yourself positive is 95% of the battle.

I know that one day, I will be taken from those I love and who love me, but I refuse to allow the cancer to be what takes me.

You are such a courageous man and I have always received such positive vibes from you with regard to all that you have been through in your life. If you are as blessed as I am to have doctors who not only care about me the patient but me the person, that is a huge motivator to fight right along side them with everything you've got!

Stay strong, Tom and may God bless you and your family.

Please keep us updated and if you ever need a shoulder, my Inbox is always open!

Marianne

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote