Thread: Trading Bay?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 02:05 PM   #1
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408
Default Trading Bay?

Ok, we are a little over two hours away from the trade deadline and nothing but rumor at the moment. I don't have a problem with the Pirates trading Bay. He will be gone after his contract is up and we will never win with the pitching we have on the roster and in the minors. However, unlike the Nady trade (which, honestly, I've warmed up too) we need at least one absolute major league pitcher or another team’s top prospect. The latest rumor I was reading had a three way deal between the Sox, Marlins and us, whereby the Marlins get Manny, the Sox get Jason and we get pitchers from the Marlins. I guess the hold up is that we wanted one of the Marlins’ top pitching prospects and they didn't want to give him up. I say good for us. Don't trade Jason unless they throw in one of the top three pitching prospects as well as other prospects. If they don't throw in one of those guys we should not go through with the deal. Other teams will not take the Pirates seriously in trader negotiations unless we prove we are willing to walk away.

Whatever happens or doesn't, if the Pirates ever do put a winning team on the field expect it to look very different than the one we presently have.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote