Old 08-02-2008, 01:02 PM   #19
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: The Coaches Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Absolutely.

Every other sport has one. And I don't wanna hear about how much "tougher" football is. A four week tournament is exactly what is called for.. with the final game on New Years day... with all the other bowl games even.
16-32 Teams is what I would call for. Sure people are going to say, oh it will take away from their study times. BALONEY! It's a fact, but again, it's no excuse. If you're going to say that about Division I College Football, you might as well say that about D I-AA, D II, D III, High School, etc. Basketball Players miss more class time then Football players do. Football teams only have 1 game a week(AND THEY HAPPEN ON WEEKENDS. Give me a number of college kids that actually would study on a weekend. I can probably tell you it would be pretty low). The average Basketball team has at least 2-3 games per week. Sometimes less, sometimes even more. (AND THEY HAVE GAMES ON ANY NIGHT OF THE WEEK).

How my own 16 team playoff format would work would be:

*Each of the major(ACC, Big Ten, Big East, Big XII, Pac 10, SEC) conference's champion get an automatic birth
*The Conference Runners up of each conference mentioned above get in
*4 other teams would fight to be at larges
*Have each BCS bowl(Orange, Rose, Sugar, Fiesta) act like a region.
*All Games at neutral sites

Under this format each team would have to play and win 4 games to win the National championship.

How a 32 team would work
*Each of the major(ACC, Big Ten, Big East, Big XII, Pac 10, SEC) conference's champion get an automatic birth
*The Conference Runners up and 3rd Place team of each conference mentioned above get in
*14 At Larges after that are up for grabs
*Have each BCS Bowl Act as a region.
*All Games at Neutral Sites(EXCEPTION:First Round goes to campus sites)

Under this format each team would have to play and win 5 games to win the national championship.

Take some of the teams with winning records and have them play in bowl games like they do in D I-AA.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote