View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,055 Times in 3,063 Posts
Default Re: Awfully quiet about Shrub...

damn, i had meant to bump the other thread, which really is earning sticky status.

jr sure was putting up a talented run. i cant see how eury could screw that one up.

but speaking of talent, hammond sums it up best for me-

Quote:
Obviously, the focus of the Watkins Glen weekend has to be Kyle Busch and his eighth Sprint Cup Series victory. But for my money, the guy I was most impressed with was Marcos Ambrose.

Starting with his Nationwide Series victory on Saturday and followed by his third-place finish in Sunday's Cup race, Ambrose had a fantastic weekend all around. He brings a lot to our sport. Despite not being raised in our culture, he has been able to come to our country and succeed in our sport.

I realize he won Saturday's race at the Glen, but his run in the Cup car was easily if not more impressive. On Sunday he went up against the best road racers in the country. When you can wheel that car and finish behind Kyle Busch and Tony Stewart that speaks very highly of your accomplishment.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...and-the-future

he seems like a really gracious and trully likeable guy. i wonder what he coulda done in gibbs equipment, starting from the front. anyways the aussi seems someone worthy to root for.