Old 12-27-2005, 06:25 PM   #51
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,946 Times in 3,403 Posts
Default Re: ty law intercepting tom brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past

Maybe someday in the future (maybe this year) he will be able to rescue the Steelers when a playoff team shuts down the Pittsburgh running game.

NM
well that took long enough! you finally have come around to see my point of view!

no qb had proved they could win 13 games in a row until ben went out and did it.
no one had proved a rookie could have the highest passer rating in the 4th quarter until ben went and did it.

steelerfans know the bar is set high for him. not only because of the patriot monkey on their back but even bigger is all the accomplishments of terry bradshaw. but if you look back at bradshaws 1st 3 years in the league they were practically filled with turmoil. steelerfans have every right to hype up the potential of ben. plus the fact that everybody was calling the steelers season last year a fluke and just waiting for ben to fall on his face.

in preseason he told everybody he WASNT gonna have a sophmore slump just cause everyone expected him to do so. you gotta admire his moxy and leadership skills and the way a veteran team and coach rally behind him as if he were brett farve. that says alot. although im sure steelerfans will have to hear about the junior slump he will be facing next seson. or that hes "fragile". or that he rides a motorcycle.....
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote