View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 06:59 PM   #54
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,138 Times in 2,641 Posts
Default Re: ty law intercepting tom brady

that last post wasnt meant to insinuate that you felt he would fall on his face. just to point out that many felt he would and they were wrong. i WAS referring to that as a media driven statement and something most of the "haters" believe and you have definitely proven on this board that you are not a hater. brady has proven to come thru big time when is needed (which as youre list showed was more times than ben has faced). he really is the exception to the rule though. the only other qb who could be thrown in there is mcnabb. but then again it is philadelphias philosophy to not run the ball.

i think alot of bradys success is due to keeping opposing offenses off guard with the running game and more particularly the "3rd down back" conventional thinking would say that dillon is the main back and faulk is the 3rd down back. better than any other team the patriots mix this up. you will see dillon in there on 3rd and 2 and they pass to dillon. you will see faulk in there and they run with faulk. you can see either in their and they pass. patriots are also good at giving plenty to look at in game film and doing the complete opposite come gametime. im sure 'chick is a great chess player.

unpredicatability is key to success in todays nfl. steelers have borrowed slightly from this with the use of jerome and willie but i still hate how they call verron a 3rd down back.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote