View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #103
CrimsonTideSteelersFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4772
Default Re: The SEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
So who are the top 5 SEC teams, assuming Tennessee is "fallen"?

(In no particular order)
LSU
Florida
Georgia
Auburn
Alabama

And I think there is a drop-off after that. Arkansas did not look good!
My rankings after Week One's games based in part on how each of the teams performed in their opening games:

1. Florida (Tebow and Gator offense picked right up where they left off in '07; defense will be much improved.)
2. LSU (If LSU can continue to run the ball like they did against Appy State, another title run is in order.)
3. Georgia (Offense looks great; defense gave up a little too much to I-AA Georgia Southern.)
4. Alabama (Defense was dominate holding Clemson to zero yards rushing and only 188 total yards; Bama O-Line might be one of nation's best.)
5. Auburn (Tigers didn't score first offensive touchdown until more than halfway into the 3rd quarter, but give Tony Franklin's system some time to catch on and they'll be fine.)
6. South Carolina (four interceptions in first half, but QB change led to better results against outmanned NC State.)
7. Kentucky (What a defensive performance by the Cats against arch rival on the road.)
8. Tennessee (Losing to a rebuilding UCLA squad with it's 3rd string QB is a tough pill to swallow for the Big Orange Nation.)
9. Ole Miss (Rebs might deserve to be a spot or two higher due to their best offensive performance since the days of Eli Manning. Nutt needs to work on his defense if Rebs are to make some noise in the SEC this season.)
10. Vanderbilt (Vandy surprised many with their easy victory on the road at Miami-Ohio. QB Chris Nickson is one of the SEC's best.)
11. Arkansas (Hogs had to rally late to knock off I-AA Western Illinois; Petrino has quite a task ahead of him.)
12. Mississippi State (State didn't do anything right in loss to La Tech; just when things looked rosey in Starkville, Croom's dogs lay a big egg to start the '08 campaign.)

Last edited by CrimsonTideSteelersFan; 09-02-2008 at 02:10 PM.
CrimsonTideSteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote