View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 02:14 PM   #43
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default Re: Steelers courting Ty Law

Kevin Colbert, director of football operations for the Steelers, said Tuesday there continues to be "mutual interest" between the organization and former All-Pro cornerback Ty Law.

"We had a mutual interest when Ty came in for a visit, and I'd be safe in saying there still is," Colbert said. "Where it goes from here, I don't think any of us can say at this point. Our whole focus is on the draft (April 23-24). Then, after the draft, you say, 'OK, there's still somebody available. How can we do this?' We would look into things then. And, in this instance, both sides remain interested."

This is like the 3rd article I have read stating we will make an attempt to sign Ty Law before the season starts. One write-up said if he is not healthy by the start, and he is not signed that we would attempt to sign him mid-season for a playoff run.

You know of all the teams in the NFL, he would love to come here. He could play in his hometown, and he could be the difference maker for us to beat his old team the Patriots. I am sure he would love to bring the Lombardi trophy back to Pittsburgh after his amazing run in New England. He could go down as one of the best corners of all time........and he knows that.