GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts
Default Steelers should win in a defensive battle

Quote:
Steelers should win in a defensive battle

When last seen at Heinz Field, the Ravens were trounced by the Steelers, 38-7, as Ben Roethlisberger threw for a career-best five touchdown passes.

It says here that won't happen again this time around. In fact, there probably won't be 38 combined points scored when the two teams meet Monday night.

The Ravens boast the league's top-rated defense and have given up 20 points in two games, both wins.

The Steelers have been strong on defense as well, giving up just 38 points in three games, 14 of which came in garbage time in the opener against Houston.

Baltimore has run the ball 90 times in two games in an attempt to take the pressure off of rookie quarterback Joe Flacco. That will be more difficult this week, even with the Steelers playing without defensive end Brett Keisel and nose tackle Casey Hampton.

If Flacco is forced to throw the ball more than 20 times, he's going to be in for a long day. The Steelers traditionally tear rookie quarterbacks up, particularly at home.

Baltimore will try to pressure Roethlisberger like Philadelphia did last week, but that's more difficult to do on the road, especially with two starters, cornerback Samari Rolle and safety Dawan Landry out.

The Steelers are favored by five points, even without running back Willie Parker.

Take Pittsburgh, 20-10......
http://www.observer-reporter.com/OR/...ek-4-NFL-picks

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote