View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 08:11 PM   #132
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Big Ben Overrated?

Beauchamp...by who's standard exactly are you using for the "rating system" by which youd determin he is in fact, Over Rated.

I mean, he isn't considered the "best" QB in the league. Usually its between Manning and Brady, then people toss in the loser from Cincy for good measure. McNabb when healthy has a very high rating and is looked upon by most NFL fans as one of the best currently playing. Favre is already a legend and no one considers Ben better than Favre. Now looking around the league, at other QBs, who is better than Ben? Cutler? Hasselbeck?

I think the point is, you state he's Over Rated...that is not accurate in our eyes, simple because to be Over Rated, there have to be people rated beneath you that others might say are better. Who exactly besides those ones I allow argument for, such as Favre, Brady, Manning, McNabb is actually better than Ben?

If you're are simply trying to state he is Over Paid...well then...ok...who in the NFL isn't over paid? They are all over paid except maybe the long snapper on the Lions (just throwing that out there) If you're trying to argue he is over paid simply to show that we could be using money we don't pay him to buy more talent, what talent are you wanting and how do you figure to get that talent under the salary cap and keep our current roster?

I think the reason its gotten 13 pages is because you state this stuff, but don't give a real alternative to your statement as over rated.