View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #51
Kvnfaber
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6695
Default Re: fed up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Where I come from, Kvn, booing your team and quitting on them on a BB are one in the same. The boo birds at HF last night had no faith in this team and neither did the schmucks who gave up on them before the end of the 1st half with the game still very much in reach.

What angered me even more is that these same nonbelievers had the audacity to wave their TT's when the team was on the move and act like they were suddenly believers!

No matter what Ben said post-game, there is absolutely NO excuse for booing your own team, imho, especially not a team that wasn't out of the game by any stretch of the imagination when the booing started, and especially not a team/franchise who has provided more winning seasons than most franchises have in the last 35 seasons!

Shame on ALL of them.
Maybe i just thought of it as, "Hey guys, snap out of it, we pay ALOT of money to come and support you guys and this is what we are getting?" The tradition of excellence has us spoiled and some of the fans didn't know how to react when faced with a really bad first half.

As for me, I was on my couch in disbelief, but I wasn't about to throw in the towel. I was hoping someone was in there at halftime ripping them a new one. Ask yourself this:

How is fans booing the team different from Ben saying to his offense-"Guys lets get with it, I am getting my ass kicked out here and I need you to start protecting, I'm frankly disgusted in the way we played that first half and we need to turn this thing around."

I gaurentee thats what alot of the booing fans were thinking. I'm not really sure why I'm defending them, I just think that not all boos mean "you guys suck and have lost the game already and we are quitting on you."

Either way, I'm not gonna boo them, just because thats not how I am, and i'll always be behind the team and their decisions.