View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #22
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082
Default Re: Ravens are no chumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizmi View Post
He was also pinned back on his own goal-line after a special teams penalty, and it's not like his coach called plays that gave him a chance to move the ball. They were just trying NOT to make a mistake at that point.

I don't think you can criticize him for not leading his team to TWO scoring drives to tie/win on the road against a great defense. Other than not protecting the ball on Harrison's sack, he did exactly what the coaches asked of him, and I got the feeling he's capable of doing more.

We have a DAMN good defense and he held his own without any gamebreakers to help him out.

I'll be interested to see how he does against the TENN defense, since they might be one of the few to have a better D than ours.
Flacco is a diamond in the rough. He played very well last night. I think they are improved and will show signs of life on offense like last night but will not be consistent over full season with a rookie QB. A couple of good drives thrown in with some mistakes will not win against quality teams. Yes the y will beat the weaker teams. I see them ending the season 8-8, possibly 9-7.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote