Old 09-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #24
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Coaches calling Time Outs

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbeliever View Post
I'm stickin to my guns on this one, and you all can hate me if you want to, but I've got an uncanny knack for seeing things as they are. I've been a Steeler fan since birth by the way (age 42 now) Heck I've even got the tattoo. I bleed, eat drink and sleep black and gold and NOTHING comes between me and my beloved Steelers! Not even Mike Tomlin. You guys take note of these two posts, and talk to me in another couple of years, being that we're committed to this guy for at least that long. I'm no professional sports team owner, but I am a thinker! I'm just telling ya'll, MARK MY WORDS! He won't last ten years in Pittsburgh. (and no, it's not because he's black, for any of yuns thinking thats why I'm saying this) I don't care what his record is. He's coaching a championship caliber team right now, in case you forgot. Look at Chucky down there in Tampa. I said the same thing about him, but oh, no! He came in and led the Bucs to a super bowl, so now all of a sudden he's all that. He led Tony Dungys team to a super bowl! Since then he ain't done squat. Same thing goes for Tomlin. Just watch and see.
As much as I dislike Gruden as a coach, he has had the team in the playoffs 2/4 years since winning the Super Bowl. Not great numbers but he's still getting the job done down here. But you're also comparing too different styles of coaching. Gruden is more of a Cowher type - emotional. Tomlin is not and that's not necessarily a bad thing. As for Tomlin lasting 10 years in Pittsburgh, I think you're right, he won't last 10 years, he'll last about 15 or so - or as long as he wants to coach here.

BTW, look up, the sky isn't falling!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote