View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 01:16 PM   #19
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Till Mods come back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Not much to "sniff out," really. We know there's a problem with the filter on the board, and when a "user" with a name like "Bkwnpfou" or "agiscaransiliR" is registering, it's a pretty safe bet it's a bot. We just have to be here to catch them before they can post their . Kinda hard to do at times as they're coming at all hours of the day and night and there's only 2 of us. We've nailed almost 250 of them since Wednesday.
I have known about those bots fansince. You think I have never moderated a board before? jk man. I knew they existed. The last one was a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
We're handling things pretty well, Duke. Gary and I are basically taking "shifts" on the board so that we can still have somewhat of a personal life outside of this board. Most of 'em post their garbage in the wee hours of the morning and I am usually up at 6 AM or so and don't see it until I log on.

Nope - no word on Mike. I'm really starting to get concerned. Gary and I have both emailed him numerous times with no response which is highly unusual.
I just e-mailed him to.

Also Hometown, there was a situation that Mike couldn't log on until LATE in the season before when I was a moderator here.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote