View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 08:07 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: OVER RATED *clap clap clap clap clap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
all the pats fans have been saying (maybe even you said this) that the colts couldnt possibly beat the pats because of past failures. why wouldnt the same hold true for denver vs. colts? or does it not work both ways? how convinient. heres some intangibles: peyton actually has big game experience and the colts pretty much handled the patriots (with brady, bilicheck, vinatieri and the best big game clutch defense in the league). indy has a better qb than denver and a better rb, and i think there defens is ranked higher... dont mean a indy victory is inevitable but i do think denver is beatable (even by the steelers)
Thats a nice try Tony.

But im afraid im not going to let you simply copy/paste my own argument back at me with the names of the teams altered.

Steeler fans have been saying all season that the Patriots domination of them 'has to end sometime', that these things 'work in cycles'.

Now - if that holds true then it reasonable to assume that the Broncos (who match up well against the Colts on paper) should be very capable of beating their nemesis - the Colts.

If, however you disagree with this - then you are basically saying that the Steelers will not be able to get over the hump against the Patriots either.

You cant have your cake and eat it Tony - either psychological domination is an ongoing factor or its not.

Oh, and I know you really dont believe that the Pats D that the Colts faced in the regular season will bear any real resembelence to the one they may/ may not meet in the playoffs.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote