View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 09:02 PM   #44
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689
Default Re: The Pens!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
2) Lemieux needs to retire and simply be an owner. While I respect Lemieux just as much as the next fan, his skills are not the same (to be expected) and any coach that is on this team and coaching Lemieux will be on a leash. Lemieux could go 30 games without a point and the head coach would NEVER sit him out. That's like telling your boss "You know what, I don't like the way your handling things, take a seat until I see your ready to step it up and do what's right.". It's never going to happen. As stated before, I respect Lemieux and appreciate everything he has done for Pittsburgh hockey, but I don't feel that gives him a free pass as long as he is organized with this hockey team. It's time for him to hang up the skates and focus on making this a legitimate hockey team and not the New York Rangers of years past. I know a great number hate to hear this because Mario is at Jesus status in this city, but things need to change and change fast. What we are doing here is NOT working.
I agree that Mario should retire and simply be an owner. I love Mario, but I think it would be best for the team as a whole if he retires. It will probably be better for his ticker, too...(lol).

Prosdo... You're right. The Pens simply can't seem to maintain a good lead when they have one. Gets frustrating, doesn't it?
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote