View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #24
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Prayers Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
My thoughts are with her. I saw both my Grandmother and Grandfather have to be placed in a home due to Alyzheimers and its difficult.

My parents resisted at first, but when you both work and Gramps goes on a dillusional walk that ends up with him passed out in a snowbank.......you realize that no matter what you said before, the assisted living facility is the safeist place. Take care HTG.
Thank you Gonz. It was a very difficult decision to make but at least I know she is safe, warm and not in danger of falling again.

On Thursday, I stopped by my Mom's house to pick up some things for her to take to the residence so that she would be a little more "familiar" and while I was there, I decided to go down to the laundry room to see if she had any clothes that needed laundered. At the bottom of the steps was one of her favorite designer tops and it was all crumbled up. I went down the stairs, picked it up and was absolutely horrified. There were a few blood spots on the front but the back of the top was saturated with blood so I knew that was the top she had on when she fell. As her injuries were to her nose and eyes, I knew she must have either knocked herself out with the fall or somehow ended up on her back and laid in the pool of blood for a while. After seeing that top, I am at total peace with the decision and know I made the best decision I could for Mom.

This Christmas is going to be a little rough, but the entire family is going to get together and spend some time with Mom both on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote