View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #13
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: JoePa...Lion 'til death

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
steelman i was thinking of you when i heard this. i knew that you would be excited. i think he and bobby bowden are going to die on the sidelines at their respected schools. i am definately not a penn state fan, but i do love the fact that JoPa is still the coach there and still can get the job done. hats off to him and a great season! good luck in the rose bowl!!
You're correct. Though eventually I'd like see someone take the reigns over, I feel Penn State needs more time to look for his potential successor although I think it will be Bradley. How JoePa has molded the Penn State Program has kinda went hand in hand with how other coaches mold their programs(EX: Ohio State)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
I think being coach of PSU is the only thing keeping him alive. We've all heard those stories about folks that retire and have nothing left to do and eventually just fade away. I think he'd be finished after just 1 season of not coaching. Its what motivates him to keep moving and keep his mind fresh.
We can be sure of this though.

Unless if one of our said schools doesn't give in to our schools wishes for the series, Penn State/Pitt won't happen for awhile.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote