Old 12-18-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
XxKnightxX
Team Captain

Member Number: 832
Default Re: Im coming to the Burgh.... HELP PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce1507 View Post
Hello All:

I'm new to the forum and I think it is so cool. I have read so much excellent information so far. My name is Shane and I have been a steelers fan since I was in diapers. I live in Wyoming now and am originally from Denver, (Broncos Suck!!!) I'm happy to say I have purchased tickets to the 1st playoff game. I am so excited!. I have been to 4 steelers games throughout the years (I always go when they play denver) but I have never been to Pittsburgh. I have a few questions for some of you veterans out there:

1.) First of all, I am staying either at the Hyatt at the airport, or at the Crowne Plaza near the airport. Which would you guys recomend?

2.) I am wondering how much taxi fare is around the city, and will it be difficult to get a taxi on game day?

3.) My seat is in section 132 row Q seat 13. Is this a good seat or should I try and sell mine for a different one. I want to have as good a seat I can since im not sure when I will get the chance to get back to the Burgh.

4.) Any other suggestions for my trip would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS A BUNCH
1. Im not a Pitt native , Only been there twice but if you want more than the game experience, stay at the Crowne, but if you stay at the airport you should get a cab in a heartbeat, they have stations down there, I flew from Jersey myself and got one easily.

2) Taxi Fares not bad, If i got a ride from the airport to Peppis(home of the roethlisburgher) for 40 bucks, and thats a 25 min ride.

3) Awesome seats, dont sell them, Steelers sideline at around the 30 to 35, I sat on 133 for the Chargers game

4) Go to Peppis and chow down on their food, Bettis has his own sports bar right around Gate A. And come with warm clothing since Pittsburgh is freezing lol.

made by steelman16
XxKnightxX is offline   Reply With Quote