Old 01-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #335
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Chargers don't scare me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts+- View Post
Of course, every teams/forums have their share of homers but trust me when I tell you any Charger homer fan who thinks that the Chargers are going to "blow out" the Steelers has been given a 'what the hell u talking about' look. I do expect the fans for both teams to be confident. But when I see threads that talk about how the Steelers rather play Tits or BlueBirds (i.e looking ahead) makes me wonder.

All good points... except when it comes to the score. I don't see anyone winning by that big of a margin.
Also, in all the years that I've watched the Chargers, I've never seen a Charger team make such a turn around so late in the season. A lot of the Steeler fans are saying how even Miami beat SD. Yeah, its true but this wasn't a 1-15 team that made a miraculous turn around in year (talking about Miami). This is talented team that played in the AFC Championship game last year and was picked to play in SB by many. I can't explain why they start so bad but they always finish strong (13-0) in December the past 3 years.

No team, with the exception of the Colts, has improved in the 2nd half of the year more than the Chargers. The Steelers have been playing well all season. But as we all know, its how you are playing at the end of the season that matters most in the playoffs.
Are you telling me that you haven't looked ahead to next week and thought about "IF" we win, who would I rather face? I think it's part of being a fan. I mean not that you want to look past your current week's opponent but at the same time - given my choices type thing.

Nothing matters more than how you play in January. We've all seen teams that start off red hot and falter - the Steelers last year lost 4 of their last 5 and it showed in the playoffs. This year, the chargers started off cold and ended hot. The Steelers have also played hot all year, winning 6 of their last 7.

I think really you'll know what Steelers team is going to show up but the question remains, what chargers team will show up? The one that has been red hot the last few weeks or the one that started off so dismel. I'm sure the Steelers coaching staff and players are preparing for the one that is red hot and beat the colts. I guess that's the problem with having a team having two different seasons.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote