Thread: Prayers needed
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #30
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 592
Default Re: Prayers needed

I am so proud of my baby girl - - - she had the gang over for a shaving party last night and she drew so much strength from her wonderful circle of friends... Everybody joined in in some way - - with token locks by some folks to a full blown mohawk by one of her co-workers... Karen ended up with a mohawk for a day, but today we went to a salon and while I got my hair cut, she went all the way down to a 1.5 comb length..... She looks absolutely beautiful - - she never met a camera that didn't like her.....

Yesterday's 'down' feeling came from the reality that her hair was falling out and that this is really happening.... Her friends helped her over that hump and her sister's arrival in about an hour will be a big help, as well..... We are very excited......

She actually has an appetite, and that is amazing the doctors.... She has not had any bad taste sensations, so that is a good thing..... Tomorrow, we will go to L&L Hawaiian Barbecue and get some 'local' style food.... 20+ years of Hawaii is hard to get out of your system......

Keep 'em coming, my friends - - I just want you to know that this prayer thing works both ways, too - - I thank God every day for the wonderful folks in Cyberspace who take the time to share their love and caring with virtual strangers... You guys are great....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg karenhaircut.JPG (17.4 KB, 6 views)
Mamaduck43 is offline   Reply With Quote