View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
aphiz
Water Boy

Member Number: 1127
Default a strange road to diehard Steeler fandom

Well maybe not that strange. Back in elementary school, practically the only video game me and my friends use to ever play was Super Tecmo Bowl for the original NES. I got so good after a while that my friends would only play me if I handicapped myself by using a crappy team. After looking at Pittsburgh's starting offensive roster of Bubby Brister, Merril Hoge and Louis Lipps, it was concluded that you couldn't get much crappier than that. And so for the rest of my Tecmo Bowl career, I used Pittsburgh exclusively. So naturaly this affectionate bond I developed with the Steelers inside the video game world manifested itself as a passionate allegiance to the real life Steelers. The first game I vividly remember rooting for them was when they lost to the Joe Montana led Chiefs in the playoffs in '92 or '93. Anyways I've lived in Northern California my entire life, so sadly there arent too many terrible towels being waved out here.

After watching hours of post game news conferences and analysis today, I still had some more playoff victory relishing to do, so thats what led me to these forums. Its definitely been fun reading everyone elses rants and raves and boastings and sighs of relief.

Favorite Steeler: Greg Lloyd, The Nastiest Man in Football
aphiz is offline   Reply With Quote