View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
steelers2685
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8032
Thumbs up Anyone see Governor Rendell's Comments?

On WTAE Action 4 News last night, Governor Ed Rendell was interviewed and proposed the idea if (when) the All Keystone State Super Bowl takes place to pay Tampa $10 or $15 million and instead move the Super Bowl to State College, PA's Beaver Stadium, where 50,000 more fans could be seated and the NFL would make the money back and then some. What an awesome idea..... but too bad it would never happen. I don't know how many of you ever attended a game at PSU, but I must say that even as a student sitting in the Alumni section, the passion that is brought to State College on gameday is like no other. The loudness of the stadium puts ripples in the blood of your veins. That would be a dream of mine to see a Keystone Super Bowl in Beaver Stadium not only because of the most exciting atmosphere ever, but also because of the weather factor that I'm sure would play into it.

Only bad part to Rendell's interview, he said when the Keystone Super Bowl does happen, he'll be rooting Eagles

Have any Super Bowls ever been played in a College stadium, or has that even been explored before?