Old 01-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Is Wal-mart Racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1977 View Post
I think my response to that man would have been, "I'm sorry for that."

She had a little more bolder approach than most people. My question is this, and I'm not trying to say what she said was wrong but, did she get reprimanded for talking to a paying customer like that? I worked in retail for over 15 years and, if any of the clerks were to talk to any customer like that, they would have been written up. Of course, the place I'm talking about was a little higher up than a WalMart but still, in most cases, they always teach you to treat the customers with respect, no matter what they say to you (unless they try to harm you physically).

Just saying....
I gotta agree here. I work in Cincinnati in a medical office and I hold my tongue each and every day. I would have been fired a long time ago if I spoke my true feelings about the Bengals. When a patient notices my Steelers earrings or socks, I just have to laugh and make funny with them. We have "spirit" day on Fridays and twice a year, when we play the Bengals, I wear a Steelers jersey. I just have some good natured fun with it. My docs would never let me do that if I showed disrespect towards the clientele.

Now.......my coworkers are a different story...........they know how I really feel.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."

Last edited by stillers4me; 01-27-2009 at 03:30 PM.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote