View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 04:24 PM   #8
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886
Default Re: No Steelers Jerseys allowed in Phoenix school.

how about that?

i spoke to a woman this morning at the Walmart bakery about making a cake for my Super Bowl party and she was wearing a Steeler shirt. i said, "are you ready for the game this weekend." she shrugged and gave me this disgusted look. she replies, "i'm a Redskins fan." i said, "wow! you're the first of your kind around these parts." we shared a laugh as she proceeded to tell me how the local high school allowed their kids to wear Steeler stuff for the day. BUT she raised her kids as Redskins fans and apparently, they hate the Steelers and want to wear their Skins stuff to school.

i laughed at the thought and then i read this post about schools banning kids from wearing opposing teams to school. i think this lady is justified and those kids are justified in wearing ANYTHING they want to school. well, anything that fits the dress code, you know? but even children have free will and they should not be chastized for it. if those lil tikes in Arizona want to wear their Steelers stuff...God willing. and if kids in PA want to wear Skins stuff...so what? what's the point of taking a childs right to do what they want away?