View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 02:13 PM   #5
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: 2005 Draft Update

[quote author=ironcitychef link=board=draft;num=1104974544;start=0#3 date=01/09/05 at 00:52:24]From what I have seen, we can get around our cap by redoing some contracts and putting the franchise tag on Plax. ?But like said, Zamir was good and Randle El did fill in(emphasis on fill), so as long as we get a tall deep threat. Wonder if the missing of practices(oops OTA's) will affect Steelers willingness to resign.

DEVILS ADVOCATE: ?Just thinking from a numbers stand point, why pay Plax big money if Big Ben is only going to pass 20-25 times a game? ?As long as we have the THREAT of going deep. [/quote]

We'll always be a running team, as evidence of what happened last year when we tried to be the St. Louis rams !!! :o

I think having Plax, gives us that threat that u referred to you, and we should try and resign him if at all possible. We all saw how the passing game suffered when he was out of there. Hines and El are great receivers for sure, but they arent the big tall deep threat that you need to keep the secondary from coming up to stuff the run. The only way I slap the franchise tag on him though, is if we can get Hine's extension done without it.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote