View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #15
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886
Default Re: as a pirate fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
been a pirates fan longer than a steelers fan, the great roberto clemente and those Danny Murtaugh Pirates of the early 70 were demi-gods to me.

I know longer look forward to spring eternal hope.
i was born in 1982. i had no idea who Clemente was but i knew ALL about him from my grandfather. being born in Pittsburgh you gather information over the years about who certain players are and what they've accomplished, and i got all of that from my grandfather about the Pirates. which is why i'm such a fan. they do have a rich history and one of the oldest franchises in baseball. i love that about them.

the Pirates are a drama free club without prima donnas and media wh*res and they have some of the most rabid fans in the league. everytime i go to a game i see the SAME people and we always have things to talk about. the same fans over and over because they know the day will come when we get our chance and we will continue to strive towards greatness.

aside from collecting Steelers memorabilia, i collect A LOT of Pirates stuff too. but i have something that not a lot of people have and something i don't have pertaining to the Steelers...a Pirates tattoo. i don't know many diehards like that.