Thread: as a pirate fan
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #19
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365
Default Re: as a pirate fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkulsteel View Post
I always get excited about the season. however this year I know its going to be tough. a question mark at 6 of the 8 every day positions and lets face it pitching won't be great either. Do we think Cutch will make the team this year? With this down baseball economy we should be spending a little
i actually think cutch has a great chance of making the team, as im not solid on Morgan. i cant believe Pedro Alvarez is already on the spring training roster and he hasnt even played pro ball.

i always get excited this time of year, but it never lasts. i get more excited for spring training and seeing the younger players.

this is how i honestly see the lineup being next year

C Ryan Doumit- Thats a given
1B Adam LaRoche- Another given, hoping he doesnt have ANOTHER slow start
2B Freddy Sanchez- Given
3B Eric Hinske- shouldnt be too hard to overtake Andy LaRoche, even though they said Laroche will have the benefit of the doubt
SS Jack Wilson- Given, prob his last season there
LF Nyjer Morgan- like i said im not sold on Morgan and McCutchen could very well be close to taking over by middle to late of the season
CF Nate McLouth- Given, our only all-star from last year
RF Brandon Moss/Craig Monroe- down to these too, i can see both platooning, Monroe prob would play against tougher lefties or all lefties

Rotation
1. Paul Maholm- Team's Ace
2. Ian Snell- hoping for him to return to 2006 form
3. Tom Gorzelanny- if he comes back healthy and rested could be our number 2
4. Ross Ohlendorf- didnt play great but i think good enough to earn him a spot
5. Zach Duke- i really do NOT LIKE Duke but Jimmy Barthmaier def wont beat Duke out, the only way Duke is beatten out is if Daniel McCutchen shows up
pittsburghp8baller is offline   Reply With Quote