Old 02-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #21
T.Richardson
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 10617
Default Re: as a pirate fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
i actually think cutch has a great chance of making the team, as im not solid on Morgan. i cant believe Pedro Alvarez is already on the spring training roster and he hasnt even played pro ball.

i always get excited this time of year, but it never lasts. i get more excited for spring training and seeing the younger players.

this is how i honestly see the lineup being next year

C Ryan Doumit- Thats a given
1B Adam LaRoche- Another given, hoping he doesnt have ANOTHER slow start
2B Freddy Sanchez- Given
3B Eric Hinske- shouldnt be too hard to overtake Andy LaRoche, even though they said Laroche will have the benefit of the doubt
SS Jack Wilson- Given, prob his last season there
LF Nyjer Morgan- like i said im not sold on Morgan and McCutchen could very well be close to taking over by middle to late of the season
CF Nate McLouth- Given, our only all-star from last year
RF Brandon Moss/Craig Monroe- down to these too, i can see both platooning, Monroe prob would play against tougher lefties or all lefties

Rotation
1. Paul Maholm- Team's Ace
2. Ian Snell- hoping for him to return to 2006 form
3. Tom Gorzelanny- if he comes back healthy and rested could be our number 2
4. Ross Ohlendorf- didnt play great but i think good enough to earn him a spot
5. Zach Duke- i really do NOT LIKE Duke but Jimmy Barthmaier def wont beat Duke out, the only way Duke is beatten out is if Daniel McCutchen shows up
I blame Jim Tracy for being an idiot, and changing Dukes delivery. I mean, if he went 8-2 with a 1.80? era.why change what Duke is doing? Its effective! but after Tracy changed his delivery, Duke had a horrible season. All throughout his career before he was called up, Duke completly dominated.