tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,055 Times in 3,063 Posts
Default Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
It is the furthest thing from the same.

Come walk in my shoes for a week and watch the destruction drugs do to individuals, families, communities. It makes handgun crime PALE in comparison. Honestly, people who argue for the legalization of drugs are either 1. too far into the culture itself to see clearly the damage they are causing, or 2. Care to much about their agenda to see what drugs really do, in the degree they do them.

There is not ONE family in my church that is not touched by drug use in their family. There is not ONE family in my church that IS touched by gun use in their family.
actually it is the same, and its not a church issue it is a government issue.

the ribs want guns for fun and recreation and to protect themselves from outward threats, right?

the libs want drugs for fun and recreation and to protect themselves from the threatening harsh realities of the world.

do we leave it up to just republicans to draw the line in the sand? what makes them so high and almighty to say what is right and what is wrong?

(FWIW i dont feel any safer after Gee Dub Senior's failed war on drugs, just like i dont feel any safer based on Jr's war on terrorism).

thats just me though as i witness a terroristic drug war in my hyperbolic back yard on a daily basis.