View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #5
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,796 Times in 899 Posts
Default Re: Best Mock, so far I've seen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsteeler View Post
I'm a big Alex Mack fan, but If it set up that way I would rather see :
1. William Beatty OT
2. Jarron Gilbert DE
3. Antoine Caldwell G/C (or Louis Vasquez G)
4. Keenan Lewis CB

I appreciate all your guys opinions. But can someone here please explain ALL the facinatioon over this nobodyJarron Gilbert. He wasn't even a marginal top-150 prospect this season until
SMmel Kiper decided he looked good in shorts, and Ran and lifted well at Indy. The guy had ALL his good numbers this past year against crummy teams, and was totally dominated in the two games that his team did play against.

I mean really guys, this player
is " Captain El Busto! "[/QUOTE]

I think before you go and start labelling people Capitan El Busto you should do a bit of research.

-Gilbert is the WAC defensive player of the year
-SF resident draft researcher LLT was pimping Gilbert as a 3rd round pick back in September
- he dominated at the East-West Shrine game (its an all star game in case you didnt know)

he proved to be arguably the most dominant presence at the East-West Shrine Game. The question for scouts now isn't whether Gilbert can play, but at which position to utilize his unique combination of size and athletic ability http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...lbert?id=79559

The kid had a great combine, outstanding year and could still be getting better. To say he wasnt even a top 150 prospect is just incorrect.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote