View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #8
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202
Default Re: 'Burghers in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st&Goal View Post
I was born and raised in Beaver Falls. Started watching the Steelers in the late 60's with my dad. He didn't live long enough to see them begin the glory days of the mid seventies. I've lived in 5 different states, and now I live in New Hampshire. I get back to the 'Burgh 2-3 times a year, and it always refreshes me. I wear black and gold regularly throught the season, and believe me, my neighbors all know what nation I belong to.
I was born and raised right across the river from you in New Brighton, Pa. I have been a Steelers fan since birth I guess you could say (1975). I remember going to games when I was 4-5 with my grandfather, remember watching games with the family for as long as I can remember, basically born into the profession of being a Steelers fan. I am now in Charleston, SC and there is a huge Steelers following down here. In the immediate area of Charleston there are 5 die hard Steeler bars that I know of. For the Super Bowl there were probably about 75 Steelers fans at my buddies house watching the game, so no shortage of Pittsburgh influence on Sunday. Still miss the Burgh on some days, except when I am wearing shorts and a tee shirt in January and I think about the cold and snow up there. Like Hindes said, I have a constant craving for Primanti's sammiches.