View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 05:45 PM   #28
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,730 Times in 2,916 Posts
Default Re: WHAT? My taxes are now going to pay for the released terrorists?

ok... enough fun with this one. here we have yet another "this could happen" "this may happen" speculative article being passed off as actual news. the debate of what to do with these people has been going on for years but some wanted to sweep it under the rug and let the next admin deal with the self inflicted headache.

and here we have a thread title of misrepresentation (that practically is screaming fire in a theater), and the panic article has got people all bent out of shape and indeed, even in a panic. so lets throw some water on this fire.

Quote:
Some of the detainees, deemed non-threatening, may be released into the United States as free men, Blair confirmed.
....or they may not.

Quote:
That is the case with 17 Uighers (WEE'-gurz), Chinese Muslim separatists who were cleared for release from the jail long ago. The U.S. can't find a country willing to take them, and it will not turn them over to China.

now we got the 17 WEE gurz who are actually the ones in question of being dumped into our laps being compared to these guys-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post

So - you're saying that these terrorists should be set free on our streets and American taxpayers should foot their bills?

David Hicks, who was found guilty under retrospective legislation introduced in 2006 of providing material support to terrorists in 2001.

Salim Hamdan, who worked as a chauffeur to bin Laden.

Ali al-Bahlul, who made a video celebrating the attack on the USS Cole.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Ramzi Binalshibh, Mustafa Ahmad al-Hawsawi, Ali Abd al-Aziz Ali and Walid Bin Attash, who were all involved in the September 11th attacks.

These are just a sampling of the terrorist bastards who are currently being detained at Guantanamo Bay.
these guys will either be tried and imprisoned or shipped back home to continue their terroristic activities (or chaffeuring).

it makes me wonder if anyone even bothered reading beyond the thread title and first few lines of the "article" before they decided to go off on a rant and obama blamefest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
but you think you would figure out what to do with these people BEFORE you shut it down.
you know someone named "Everyone"?

i would think you would actually read the article and figure out that is EXACTLY whats going on.

Quote:

Blair said the U.S. government is building dossiers on each of the prisoners at Guantanamo and is still developing the process that will determine what happens to them. Some may face criminal trials in the U.S. civilian courts and be imprisoned in U.S. jails. Others will be remanded to their home governments for continued jailing or potential rehabilitation.

The Pentagon claims more than 60 former Guantanamo inmates have been released by their home governments and are believed to be engaged in militant activities. It has not released a list of those former prisoners. Two of the top al-Qaida leaders in Yemen are former inmates, according to both al-Qaida and U.S. intelligence officials. And the Taliban's top operations officer in southern Afghanistan was released from Guantanamo in 2007, according to U.S. intelligence and military officials."... ...
i didnt realize obama was releasing terrorists from guantanamo as far back as 2007. it must cost alot of taxpayer dollars to hunt that guy back down. oops.

so now that this fire is out have you all heard that obama could start importing all new terror suspects to work as illegal aliens, stealling about 2 million jobs (americans dont wanna do anyways) created by the stimulus package, which will all be paid for by no longer paying any veteran benefits?

yep. its gonna happen. i read it in a panic article.

Last edited by tony hipchest; 03-27-2009 at 05:57 PM.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote