View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 10:06 AM   #13
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,759 Times in 877 Posts
Default Re: Kirwan Mach 5.0 (with round 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
if beatty , britton , or mack is available? i'd say you gotta go with the guy with the most potential to play left tackle, so i'd say beatty. i think it'd be a bit easier to add bulk and strength to beatty, than it would be to straighten brittons footwork, and agility out. plus britton has those short arms.
I agree that I like Beatty over Britton. Beatty is a SR. while Britton is a Jr., so there is the experience factor. Beatty has been questioned as he really only shined his last 2 seasons, but I think his bench press numbers show that he has the dedication to the weight room.

I havent seen much of Britton, but on tape he is an OK run blocker and very good pass protector. Beatty is much more agile, seems more aggressive and willing of a run blocker and is probably around 310lbs. He can easily bulk up another 10 lbs to his frame. I didnt think Britton has short arms, but he might end up at RT his entire career........while Beatty is a definate LT.

I would love to get Beatty in the 1st, Fili Moala (or Alex Maggee) in the 2nd and Mike Mickens in the 3rd. Then look at a guard like Vasquez, Feinga in the 4th(even trade up to do so).
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote