Old 03-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #30
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,158 Posts
Default Re: Drug Tests for Welfare Checks

Quote:
Lawmakers in at least eight states want recipients of food stamps, unemployment benefits or welfare to submit to random drug testing.
i can understand the welfare recipients getting tested but people collecting unemployment? give me a freakin break..... first off unemployment isn't a gift from the state....employers PAY unemployment insurance, and its not like the person collecting never pays taxes....they even TAX your unemployment check. being a union construction worker, i usually open, and reopen a claim 3,4,5 times a year !!! hell i've worked for as many as 6 different companies a year...and usually get piss tested everytime i go to a different job. i myself AS A TAXPAYER, would be quite aggravated with this.
i personally think making the welfare collectors WORK for the check would be an even bigger detourent than a piss test. there's plenty of garbage on the highways and state parks that could be picked up. and plenty of unkept state property and programs that could use some attention...put these bastards to work, and there would be no need for volunteers. they make people collecting unemployment prove that they've been actively seeking jobs...why are welfare recipients immune to this?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 03-29-2009 at 06:34 PM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote