View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 02:32 PM   #14
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365
Default Re: 2009 Pittsburgh Pirates Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
You're right, but I've been waiting 4 years to see this kid roam PNC Park and he's clearly shown this spring that he's ready for the big time. Why not keep him here? He's clearly a better option and player than Morgan, and Moss for that matter. And if he's been the best defensive player in camp, even better than their Gold Glove CF...I mean, it's a no-brainer. Screw the extra year - he needs to be here right now.

I was talking about Mercer that they drafted last year, the top college SS prospect. I hope he develops quickly, because though Bixler showed improvement this spring, I'm not ready to go forward with him as the starter once Jack moves on. As for drafting Ackley, considering that we have ZERO bona-fide 1B prospects in the system (unless they do decide to move Alvarez to first, which they have considered), then it's a no-brainer that they take him. I would draft him even ahead of Strasburg if he were to fall, because I think they're grooming Lincoln to eventually be their top of the rotation starter.

im hoping Lincoln will be, i remember seeing some of his games when he played for Houston he had some nasty stuff! His fastball has good movement on it and a good breaking pitch. He was also the team cleanup hitter for the games he didnt pitch. i wouldnt be mad if we moved Alvarez to third, it kind of makes sense since we still have Neil Walker in the system. i dont see how we keep both at third and find a way to get them both at-bats.

im pretty sure Lincoln and Alvarez (alvarez for sure) are both starting at high A Lynchburg so when they potomac im gonna try and time it so i can go see Lincoln pitch and Alvarez bat