View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 03:29 AM   #32
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458
Default Re: Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Can't believe nobody has posted about it yet. Saw it yesterday, and it was good, but perhaps a tad over-hyped. I think I might eventually like it better than Batman Begins, but I need another viewing. Talk of an Oscar for best movie, though? Nuh-uh. It's a very good movie, but not great.

Does Heath Ledger deserve an Oscar? Don't know. He certainly owned the role, and there were moments when he was genuinely scary (pay attention to him when he comments over a videotape he's making of a victim). He was over the top without being kitschy over the top (I know, it doesn't make sense, but you'll have to see the movie for yourself to understand). He was VERY good, and stole the film for sure...If he gets it it won't be for just playing a comic book villain (I think the Hollywood types who take this stuff really seriously will only nominate him, not actually give him the statue), it's be because he died and he also played a gay dude in Brokeback.

What I was genuinely shocked at was the trailer for T4. Did anyone know they were making Terminator 4? I didn't. And Christian Bale is playing John Connor, which, as you may have surmised, means that this is the movie we've been waiting for since 1985: Terminator set in a post-apocalyptic world. I just hope they don't screw this up.
The only other actor they gave an Oscar too after he passed away was that guy who played the lead role in 1976's "Network"(forgot his name).

I hardly go to the movies anymore, but I saw "The Dark Knight" last year on my b-day. Mindless flick, not great, but I really liked it for what it was nonetheless.

I do want to see T4. BTW - who would have thought the plot in the original "Terminator" movie 25 years ago would potentially come into fruition? With that whole man vs. machine war in the apocolyptic world...with the way technologically has progressed presently, 2% of the population on this earth(the wealthy elites, pretty much) has what it takes with this technology to destroy the world.
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote