View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #31
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365
Default Re: 2009 Pittsburgh Pirates Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
The game was blacked out, and I was certainly more interested in the Penguins game tonight.

I did start listening to it in the 6th, but it was already a done deal by then.

I hate to judge too much off of box scores, but...

Ian Snell: 4.0 IP 9 hits 8 runs only (only...) 6 earned

Two days ago the Tribune Review cited an "informal poll" where Andy LaRoche was the most expected breakout player.

0-6 with a walk, a K, and a run. Throw in 3 fielding errors. Egads.

Tonight's fielding faux pas led to 2 runs which didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I'm hardly doomsdaying after tonight's whomping, but I would love to see him get something going here in the first few weeks. The dude has to realize that he won't see August if he doesn't do some serious eye opening.

Promising in the minors... promising spring...

Prove me wrong, Andy!
he is there until management feels that either Neil Walker or Pedro Alvarez are ready to see major league at-bats. Now with how bad the season has started for him, im worried they may have to rush one of them. Its still jus two games in, and the baseball season is a marathon, not a sprint, just because you stumble out of the gates doesnt mean you are out of the race. Most players on the Pirates are proven slow starters, all we have to do is stay in the mix. There isnt really any players that i can see us trading away at the deadline so we are in it for the long haul.