MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,973 Times in 1,849 Posts
Default Re: i finally got stung by a scorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
When I was in Iraq...I got stung on top of my right foot by one of the little white ones...it put an acorn sized pus-filled knot on my foot and had to be lanced.

The Army doc gave me a note to give to my company commander, that said I had to go without a boot for week.

Long way back to base...note got lost and I wore my boot VERY loosely laced.
Ouch!

Mine wasn't that bad, like Tony said its like a bee or wasp sting. Also like Tony I thought I had a death sentence, the doctor laughed at me.

This is what kind it was.

Quote:
Paruroctonus boreus (Girard, 1854)
northern scorpion
Photo of concolorous (auratus) form courtesy of and Copyright 1999 R. David Gaban.
Photo of common P. boreus (preserved female from Idaho) by KJM and W.M. Burrell Copyright 2001.
Photo of live female from Alberta, Canada, courtesy of and Copyright 2001 Prof. Dan Johnson, University of Lethbridge.
Distribution: Common in a variety of habitats and elevations (to over 2000 m, 7000 ft). Western North America, from southern Canada to northern Arizona to eastern California, essentially excluding the northwest coastal region and the Mojave and Sonora Deserts. The northern scorpion probably occurs in northwestern New Mexico (Gertsch and Soleglad 1966).
Canada: British Columbia: Okanagon Lake Valley; Alberta: Medicine Hat to Red Deer and Calgary. Sasketchewan?
USA: Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Nevada, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, and northern Arizona.
Checklist to the American Scorpion

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote