Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811
Default Re: My Pirate Pre-Season Analysis

2B
Starter - Jose Castillo
Backup - Freddy Sanchez

I think we really have a blossoming star at 2B in Castillo. The best part of his game is definatley his defense. He had a .977 fielding percentage and participated in 93 double plays. His offensive production should not be overlooked though. He only hit .268 last year but look for him to improve. From 04 to 05 all his major offensive stats went up while he had less at bats due to injury. His average went up 12 pts, he hit 14 more RBI and struck out 33 less times (59 overall). His OPS also went up 9 pts. He also hit 11 HR! I would like to see his OPS go up to at least .325 this year. I would also like to see the new manager Tracy run him a little more as he only had 2 SB in 5 attempts. Castillo also has a competant backup in Sanchez. Sanchez was once a highly regarded prospect with the Red Sox but after comming to the Bucs in a trade was sidelined with foot problems. In 05 he hit .291 in 453 AB. He lacks pop as he only hit 5 HR but was still extremly reliable off the bench and as a utility infield starter.

My Grade - A-

Last edited by SteelerDan43; 01-26-2006 at 03:12 PM.
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote