View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #53
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365
Default Re: 2009 Pittsburgh Pirates Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindSteelCurtain View Post
There is Steven Strasburg. Who some say is the best Overall player, let alone pitcher. He probably will go #1 overall. If he falls to the Pirates, awesome!!!
he is by far the best player in the draft. 6-5, 220 starting pitcher who throws in the high 90s and even top 100 every so often, and can maintain it for an entire start. If some how he falls to us that is an crazy steal, but i dont see how at least washington passes up on him

Crushzilla-
Quote:
As much as I'd love to add another high quality bat in the first-year draft, I don't know if they CAN'T take a pitcher.

I am admittedly under-read on the talent out there this year. The Pirates pick... 4th?

Any prospects you like that I should read up on?
Alex White from UNC, is 5-1 this year is suppose to be another one of the top college pitchers this year.

Kyle Gibson and Andy Oliver are the only other two college pitchers that have been in the high first round talk.

my originally choice for our pick was Dustin Ackley from UNC. Great bat and gives us depth at first which we need, but reading some scouting reports on him, most are saying he would fit better at OF, most likely Center. Although i wouldnt mind having an outfield of McCutchen-Ackley-Tabata in the future, i think that management has high hopes for Robbie Grossman and that he may have a future on the team