View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225
Default Re: PA Gov. Rendell Wants Tough Gun Laws in Response to Cop Killings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i agree but will also say part of the "sport" of hunting is NOT putting 35 holes in your game. if one needs an assault rifle to succsesfully "hunt", they probably suck and should consider a new hobby.

personally, i will kill anything with a 35 year old 30-30 rifle.... one shot or 2.... no scope.

oh, and anyone ever been murdered with a fish hook? why suggest banning fishing? Jesus fished. (not with dynamite though)
Because fishing hurts the wittle fishes..... come on you know what I'm getting at.

I also have a 30-30... well had one at the time, but I prefered the comfort, handleing, accuracy and the range the SKS provided. While I did have a 40 round clip I used the stantard issue 10 round mag when hunting.....and for the record I only ever killed 2 deer and 1 was one shot and the 2nd, 2 but both shots hit. so.....

I did alot of hunting in the woods,but would move from time to time to the edges of feilds, so a shotgun just wouldnt give the range. I seen the SKS as sort of a combination. Easy and fast sighting, with pretty good range.