View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 04:29 AM   #8
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225
Default Re: Sikhs fight Army over bans on turbans, uncut hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
well ask yourself what do they have to gain from it ? i wouldn't think they'd have a snowballs chance in hell of winning a suit, and making the military change policies. so that leaves media exposure for thier religion, and a discharge.....

I see no gain from this on their side at all. The military is not going to change their policy on this.....at least not now.... but they are taking steps to fight the system on this, so my guess is more to come out of their turban.

And another thing....Whats the big F'n deal??? obviously these guys must trim their beards or theirs grow in super slow motion. If I were to go for 3 months without shaving I'd look like a front man for ZZ Top. So I don't want to hear my beard is sacred crap. ZZ Top, now there's the real men who hold their beards sacred. AND....do they wear their turban's to bed too?? You cant tell me they never take it off. Wear 5 turbans on your own time for all I care but when you are on my dime you do what it is you need to do or get out.

Seriously, if they are discharged and I expect them to be, it should certainly be dishonorable. Infact as a nation we should make sure of that. We footed the bill for these guys to hit the private sector and become rich, why help them by giving them an honorable discharge...???